Have you ever cleaned out your t-shirt collection and wondered what else you could do with these old shirts without just throwing them out? A lot of times I use my old shirts as dusting cloths or give them to my husband to use in the garage, but wouldn’t it be wonderful to repurpose them into another fashionable item? Well, here is a tutorial I found on how to do just that.
1. Grab some cotton t-shirts you don’t wear anymore. Larger sizes tend to work better as do non-ribbed shirts with no side seams. If you have a shirt with small logos, those will work fine, too.
2. Grab a pair of fabric scissors if you have them, otherwise any scissors will do.
3. Lay the shirt out on a flat table in front of you.
4. Cut the hem off the bottom and put it aside.
5. Cut the shirt into 1-1 1/2 ” horizontal strips all the way up to the armpit.
6. Grab 3-4 shirt strips in both hands, and gently stretch them out. You will notice that the strips will naturally curl into themselves.
7. Once you have done this with many of the strips, it is time to get creative. You can drape them, combine colors, braid them and even attaching jewelry, such as pins to them.
Post some pics or comments back if you decided to this with your own t-shirt collection. I’d love to see pics!
In friendship and style…